Skimmer help please

MarkAshlee2021

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have installed a new fluval 307 canister filter, and for some reason my protein skimmer is literally putting millions of micro bubbles in the dt. In the chamber before the collection cup it's like it was when it was first breaking in!! Its near to froth, what's happening?! I'm worried it will stress my tangs and cause white spot. Any help will be greatly appreciated

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have installed a new fluval 307 canister filter, and for some reason my protein skimmer is literally putting millions of micro bubbles in the dt. In the chamber before the collection cup it's like it was when it was first breaking in!! Its near to froth, what's happening?! I'm worried it will stress my tangs and cause white spot. Any help will be greatly appreciated
I am guessing the canister filter being new, is just aggravating the skimmer due to the new plastic. It doesn't take much to set a skimmer off. The bubbles won't affect the fish. Also, unless you already have Ich in your tank, stress won't make it appear.

OP
OP
M

MarkAshlee2021

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am guessing the canister filter being new, is just aggravating the skimmer due to the new plastic. It doesn't take much to set a skimmer off. The bubbles won't affect the fish. Also, unless you already have Ich in your tank, stress won't make it appear.
Thankyou, I've never had ich before. Shall I turn the skimmer back on and let it run its coarse? Will it eventually stop doing it? Thanks in advance

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, i would turn it back on and let it work itself out. Ich is a parasite....it has to be introduced to your tank in order for it to show up. If it is already in the tank, and fish have previously been fighting it off, then stress will allow it to overcome the fish's immune system; otherwise stress will not make it appear :)

Back