Skimmer help!!

jdivz87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was going to buy a skimmer but my friend had a Reef octopus 110 for my 40G B….. only think is it’s missing the ball valve and T pipe area. Does anyone know if this is something I can assemble at Home Depot or if there is somewhere I can order

Thank you

Photo of what the one I have is missing.

Any help is appreciated!!

7BE2CFD5-4DD7-472D-8E9D-4E592DBB7FE1.jpeg 1FD3F582-49C0-495D-9EE0-D114DCC8713C.jpeg

Koh23

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure u can...

T piece and any type of plastic valve to regulate water output.

This part on this skimmer serves to regulate water level inside skimmer body, and it is plain plastic T piece with gate valve on top, glued to small piece of plastic pipe. Nothing special, no technology, nothing, just valve to regulate water level.

If water height is correct, u probably don't need that part at all... i mean, you NEED it, but, until you figure something out, you can run your skimmer without it, only thing that will be missing is possibility to fine tune water level, and set desired skimming.

Had same skimmer way back, if i remember correctly, i used mine with gate valve open fully, so, it's very simmilar what u will have without that part....

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that old reef octopus skimmers used metric sized plumbing, so if that’s still the case you may have a hard time finding the exact size at a hardware store.
However if you can figure out the size BRS makes adapters to go to standard sizes.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I actually did this very thing using valve from Home depot

OP
OP
jdivz87

jdivz87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure u can...

T piece and any type of plastic valve to regulate water output.

This part on this skimmer serves to regulate water level inside skimmer body, and it is plain plastic T piece with gate valve on top, glued to small piece of plastic pipe. Nothing special, no technology, nothing, just valve to regulate water level.

If water height is correct, u probably don't need that part at all... i mean, you NEED it, but, until you figure something out, you can run your skimmer without it, only thing that will be missing is possibility to fine tune water level, and set desired skimming.

Had same skimmer way back, if i remember correctly, i used mine with gate valve open fully, so, it's very simmilar what u will have without that part....
Makes me feel better lol you’re the man thank you so much

OP
OP
jdivz87

jdivz87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that old reef octopus skimmers used metric sized plumbing, so if that’s still the case you may have a hard time finding the exact size at a hardware store.
However if you can figure out the size BRS makes adapters to go to standard sizes.
Thank you so much

OP
OP
jdivz87

jdivz87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea where I can get that t with the gate valve attached like that????? Went to the depot and all T but idk how I would put the valve

I.AM.MR.MIKE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen those parts on Amazon I believe. Maybe at several online stores too. I used that skimmer and it was a fantastic skimmer but had a rattle from the new motor and was a real pain to clean the inside. 7 inches of water in sump and it skimmer better than many much more expensive skimmers especially better than space saving skimmers although the Aquamaxx ConeQ S Series Q-1 I am using now is the highest quality best functioning skimmer I have ever used. I have never used Royal Exclusive but have used most everything else.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back