Skimmer less frag tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter backpack
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

backpack

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 29, 2013
Messages
321
Reaction score
12
Location
ocala, fl
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am setting up my spare 180 as a frag tank. I have a big wet dry and some lifeguard filters underneath it. How many poeple are skimmer less so they aren't pulling out all the expensive coral foods? Any advice other than build the rack up high?
 
I did this for a while, but then started to use my skimmer once a week. Reason is that I started to get some algae. Skimmerless should work great if you do your water changes regularly and dont procrastinate lol.
 
Something like that haha. I still only run my skimmer every now and then but I've been actually keeping up with my water changes so everything is doing well. I did however change it from a frag tank to a shallow display so I have a lot if LR in there now.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new