Skimmer not working! Help!!

Reefbuds

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a couple days now my skimmer has not been producing microbubbles. I took it apart to clean it and put it back, it worked for a couple days really well and now there is no production of bubbles at all, it seems like it's not getting air enough to produce the micro. Pulling water just fine but no air to mix with
I've changed the hose on the air intake as well with no luck.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
For a couple days now my skimmer has not been producing microbubbles. I took it apart to clean it and put it back, it worked for a couple days really well and now there is no production of bubbles at all, it seems like it's not getting air enough to produce the micro. Pulling water just fine but no air to mix with
Sometimes the ( depending on what skimmer pump you have) plastic nipple where the air hose plugs into gets clogged and even rinsing out with water doesn't help. You may have to find a small ( tiny ) drill bit or something else with a small metal point and clean it out, being careful to not break it off or enlarge the hole .

Theo15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe there is water trapped in the air intake ?

EriksOasis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on the skimmer. Over heard with the skimmer I use tunze 9004 the hose will get linked inside possibly. Also mine will get clogged with gunk once a month which is how often I clean it anyway.

Back