Skimmer not drawin in air

Peer.Boerner

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 8, 2026
Messages
209
Reaction score
161
Location
lakeland
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an eshopps c-120 skimmer which has been working just fine until today. I turned it off to do some work in the sump. When I turned it back on the pump runs fine and fills the skimmer with water but it won’t draw in air. I disassembled the skimmer, checked the motor, impeller, Venturi and all very clean. Checked the air line and no obstructions. I blew into the line while the pump was running and it started drawing air. But strange there was no resistance that I could feel. Not sure what could be going on with such a simple thing. Ideas??
 
I have an eshopps c-120 skimmer which has been working just fine until today. I turned it off to do some work in the sump. When I turned it back on the pump runs fine and fills the skimmer with water but it won’t draw in air. I disassembled the skimmer, checked the motor, impeller, Venturi and all very clean. Checked the air line and no obstructions. I blew into the line while the pump was running and it started drawing air. But strange there was no resistance that I could feel. Not sure what could be going on with such a simple thing. Ideas??
You might be able test the draw or vacuum of venturi by attaching a short piece of airline to the air inlet and dipping the other end of the tubing into water. You would see water pulled into the airline if the venturi is working.
 
You might be able test the draw or vacuum of venturi by attaching a short piece of airline to the air inlet and dipping the other end of the tubing into water. You would see water pulled into the airline if the venturi is working.
Thanks. I tried and it seems to be pulling the water. I disassembled and reassembled again, found nothing wrong and seems to be working. Maybe I had something attached loosely?? Don’t know.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new