Skimmer not working the same after gfo

  • Thread starter Thread starter Biffers
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Biffers

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 7, 2016
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added a media reactor with GFO in it, and since then. My skimmer isn't working nearly as well. Any suggestions?
 
Did you rinse the GFO?

Particulates can often cause bubble popping.

GFO will also bind organics, but unless you are using a huge amount, I doubt you can shut down a skimmer that way.

In either case, the effect will likely decline over time.
 
I'm using 32oz per the directions. And I did run like two gallons of water through it before putting the return line into the sump. Guess I'll keep monitoring it. Thank you!
 
I'm using 32oz per the directions. And I did run like two gallons of water through it before putting the return line into the sump. Guess I'll keep monitoring it. Thank you!
Welcome to R2R!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new