Skimmer on nano?

ThunderWind

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 19, 2025
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Location
Denmark
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello - I have a Waterbox 25 gallon AIO pen.
I'm looking at skimmers like: Sicce Shark 150, Bubble Magnus QQ2, Tunze DOC9004. But i hear all kind of problems with these - Micro bubbles, no skim, too much skim...

Currently i use a reef mat (Cheap one from VastoClean, works perfect), purgin, carbon, matrix, and small chaeto algae with light.
I would like to try out a skimmer now, I've good readings of PO4 and NO3 but I've also had some cyano who probably sucks it up before my readings. Would like to get a bit more control, i do tend to overfeed a little with the frozen food, but CUC loves it.

Any one can recommend one? Was looking at the bullet 1.5 but im based in europe and the one we have (ARKA) is no longer in production.

Kind regards.
 
I've used a Tunze 9004 on my fiji 38g AIO for a couple years. I love it, no problems at all and still going strong. It's pretty quiet and pulls a good amount of junk out. I have to empty it 1-2 times per week. The skimmate is on the wet side (which I think may be common for AIO skimmers), but it is still quite dark and I get a ton of thick mud built up on the walls of the collection cup.

Taking it apart to clean it can be frustrating because of the way the panels are designed to fit together, but I eventually got used to it. The only other skimmer i've tried for an AIO is the IceCap 120, and the Tunze is IMO way, way better.

I have noticed it will get clogged if using KZ coral snow (or the DIY version) and need to be cleaned weekly. If not using that, it can go for a long time between cleanings.
 
I use a Bubble Magus on my 25, I only run it at night. The Magus performs well.
I have used Tunze for a very long time. Tunze makes a great product but I find the skimmer to be too sensitive. It needs adjusting more frequently. Tunze is a more expensive product.
 
Has anyone tried the Aquaready NF-1? I’m curious how it does
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new