Skimmer OR Fuge?

SheldonC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know there are many posts about this topic, and I'm well aware that this is more of an AND statement rather than an OR question.

However, my setup (Red Sea Reefer 300) includes a roller mat that doesn't create enough room for both. So, hence the question, is there one that folks would prefer? I know a skimmer helps in removing waste before it breaks down, but also can raise the pH with the aeration. Fuge is great because it can actually export nitrates and phosphates when you take out the macro algae, but also is a home for pods.

Thanks in advance!

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know there are many posts about this topic, and I'm well aware that this is more of an AND statement rather than an OR question.

However, my setup (Red Sea Reefer 300) includes a roller mat that doesn't create enough room for both. So, hence the question, is there one that folks would prefer? I know a skimmer helps in removing waste before it breaks down, but also can raise the pH with the aeration. Fuge is great because it can actually export nitrates and phosphates when you take out the macro algae, but also is a home for pods.

Thanks in advance!
Fuge.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.3%
Back