skimmer program logic no longer working after pump failure

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

grafxalien

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello- My skimmer pump failed last night which tripped my circuit breaker off. After resetting the breaker this morning I noticed that the socket(#5) the skimmer was plugged into on my my GHL powerbar now longer follows the program logic that it was set for. I have tried to unplug and plug back in the power bar and profilux system. Socket#5 still will not follow the logic. I have tried with nothing plugged in to socket #5 and with a small light plugged in. The socket WILL work with manual override. Any ideas on what could be happening?

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have a different socket available I would move it to a different socket and see if the problem moves with it. Try this before contacting GHL that way you can tell them the results of the test when you talk to them.
GHL will have you submit a ticket in their support system so get that going as soon as you can. Also you might try calling the US office on Monday morning.

OP
OP
G

grafxalien

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the program logic has been working since august with no changes.

When I first started my GHL system this summer i had some issues with program logic#2 not working no matter what I put in it. Every other gate worked fine. Vinny told me there was likely a corrupted bit in the settings for gate 2. He said a factory reset would fix it. I never did the reset because all of the other gates worked fine, I just skipped gate 2.

Now , I just found out gate 10 is having the same issue. I copied the gate info from 10 to 11 and used that for my skimmer socket. Now it works again. I am guessing somehow the breaker tripping corrupted the settings for gate 10.

I think tomorrow it will be time for the factory reset and upgrade to current firmware.

OP
OP
G

grafxalien

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
was just thinking, when I did the factory reset I did it from the on screen menu on the profilux box. When it turned back on it was in german and had some settings reset but for some reason it still had some of my old data stored in it. The ph probe and wifi data was still there when I connected with GCC. Is this normal? Is there a different way to do factory reset?

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 65 34.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 59 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back