Skimmer suggestion for a Fuji 15 cube

russell.dexter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys

I’ve recently obtained a Fiji 15 cube sump and am looking for a decent skimmer for my 40b display

Any suggestions at all? This will be my first skimmer

Skimmer section is 14.2“x8”

Thanks !

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you thought about making the skimmer section a refugium instead? That is what I did with my fiji sump. A refugium can be far more powerful than a skimmer if your goal is biological waste control.

OP
OP
russell.dexter

russell.dexter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you thought about making the skimmer section a refugium instead? That is what I did with my fiji sump. A refugium can be far more powerful than a skimmer if your goal is biological waste control.
I am trying to find a solution that will help me raise my ph- so I am thinking a skimmer with a CO2 might help with that. The tank has actually been up and running for two years- and I have consistently had issues with nutrients bottoming out to the point that I am now dosing small amounts of neonitrate and neophos daily so I am thinking a skimmer on a timer might be a viable route.

A refugium may work too however :)

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to find a solution that will help me raise my ph- so I am thinking a skimmer with a CO2 might help with that. The tank has actually been up and running for two years- and I have consistently had issues with nutrients bottoming out to the point that I am now dosing small amounts of neonitrate and neophos daily so I am thinking a skimmer on a timer might be a viable route.

A refugium may work too however :)

A skimmer may or may not help raise pH by itself. A refugium definitely will with a good light. I'd read up on some of the forum pieces here talking about pH and skimmers to see if that's a better option for you.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 109 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.4%
Back