Skimmer suggestions

Michael7979

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 20, 2011
Messages
233
Reaction score
1
Location
Oregon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like your help please.

I'm thinking about replacing my skimmer and would love your suggestions. (using Euro-Reef now)

Roughly 300g of total water.
I'm doing SPS.
Bioload = med. to high

So if you would be so kind as to point me to what you think is the best, I'll start looking around.

(I'm going to put this in the equipment forum also)
 
i like the octopuss or the swc. should be able to get one for under 500dollars. the octopuss 3000 with that bubbleblaster pump is a wonderful device from what i have heard. i like my swc 300, it has two 2500 sicce pumps. these are my two favorite brands, heard great things about both. good luck finding a good skimmer
greg
 
stay away from anything using a stock psk 2500. They have worked well but can very in performance depending on which way they start.
 
stay away from anything using a stock psk 2500. They have worked well but can very in performance depending on which way they start.

i can't wait to upgrade mine, i hear the red devil mod will help with the start up problem. just couldn't pass up the great price i got it for.
 
If you're going to go with a Reef Octopus, I'd look for one that comes with a bubble blaster pump. I upgraded the pump on my Octopus extreme to a bubble blaster 3000 and it's like a brand new skimmer. I had several counter-rotation issues with the PSK-2500 with the stock pinwheel, as well as pinwheel upgrades. It seems that the only way to get around the rotation problems is by making or buying a custom volute.
 
i have a new design deltec TC2060 im selling thats only 1 month old..PM me if interested. That will kick the poop out of your 300 total water volume.
 
Did you decide on anything yet? I still say the SRO3000. Mine is a beast and would def buy it again if I had to.
 
Hello micheal7979,what size euro reef skimmer model# I have down sized from a 520 gallon to a 185 neo nano so i have alpha vertex model 300 w/2 red dragon's model 1500's lmk
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 29.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new