Skimmer Tunze 9410

Caio Arantes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys. Greetings from Brazil.

Im having some issues with the Tunze 9410 skimmer. It is spilling a little water inside my cabinet, wich is very small.
I dont have room for the filter sock attatchment (also my sump already have a filter sock before the skimmer), so I use the skimmer only with the pipe and ring, above water. Do you think I can remove the pipe? I tested and the water seems to come out, and is very silent.

Thanks!

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep the pipe. Grab a porous reef safe sponge and cut a hole slightly smaller than the diameter of the pipe in center of the sponge block. Slide the sponge block with the hole over the pipe so the bottom of the sponge sits at the waterline. The sponge should diffuse the water and splashing coming from the pipe.

OP
OP
Caio Arantes

Caio Arantes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep the pipe. Grab a porous reef safe sponge and cut a hole slightly smaller than the diameter of the pipe in center of the sponge block. Slide the sponge block with the hole over the pipe so the bottom of the sponge sits at the waterline. The sponge should diffuse the water and splashing coming from the pipe.
Thats sounds very promissing!

Thanks man!

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep the ring beneath the sponge so it can’t get pushed down on the pipe. The sponge will act as a noise dampener as well.

Back