Skimmer?

Robcope

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need some help!! I have the Waterbox Marine 60.2. The skimmer chamber in the sump is 10.2 x 13.8
I am interested in the Reef Octopus 110 INT 10.4 X 7.
Reef Octopus 110 SSS 6.1 x 7.87
Reef Octopus 150 SSS 7.3 x 9.5
I would like room for other items down the road, but I understand the 110 INT is the best of the three. Can Anyone tell me if the 110 INT is the best and if the 150 is overkill. Trying to get a good skimmer with minimal footprint. Any input is appreciated. Cost is an issue!

I would prefer the 110 SSS because of the footprint size. Leaving extra room for biomedia or a reactor down the road. This will be an extremely long and slow build for us. We love our Discus and African Cichlids and want to do this right as well, but keep spending down as much as possible.

Hitman

Reefing One Day @ A Time!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would go with the 110int. The SSS series just doesn’t perform well in my experience. BRS will even tell you all the skimmers with the pumps inside the body perform less efficiently due to losing so much of the reaction chamber area.

I’ve used the 110 int on my holding tank before upgrading it to the 150 int. as I upgraded the holing tank. I honestly think you will be happy with the performance of the 110 int.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 27.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back