Skimmers GALORE!!!!

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is 30scfh pretty standard? I thought my buddy and I were getting around 50 with our MSX 200's with the sicce on it last time we tested.

Sweet skimmer pictures!

Your too much Chris! I must say I do have to agree though - those ATB's are a work of art.

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is 30scfh pretty standard? I thought my buddy and I were getting around 50 with our MSX 200's with the sicce on it last time we tested.

Sweet skimmer pictures!

Your too much Chris! I must say I do have to agree though - those ATB's are a work of art.

On a msx 200 30scfh i pretty standard with the standard msx pinwheel. 50 scfh is quite a bit on a 200 but it can be done. Really its a bit too much air on the 200. I would say 30 to 40 scfh is good for the 200 to run at. More air doesnt always mean more skimate. You really need a well balanced skimmer. The msx 200 is pretty well balanced in the above mentioned range.

Mojo~

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a msx 200 30scfh i pretty standard with the standard msx pinwheel. 50 scfh is quite a bit on a 200 but it can be done. Really its a bit too much air on the 200. I would say 30 to 40 scfh is good for the 200 to run at. More air doesnt always mean more skimate. You really need a well balanced skimmer. The msx 200 is pretty well balanced in the above mentioned range.

Mojo~

Thanks Mojo - I have a meshmod on it - hence the higher numbers. I would guess that it is running in the 30-40's. I just remember that it was higher than 30, so that is why I asked. Thanks for the reply.

After talking with Chris, I'll probably upgrade down the road to the new Deluxe. Just need to wait a little while and grow out some stuff!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back