Skimming wet or dry

jamie.pullin.313

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 24, 2013
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hay all anyone out there got an opinion on wots best. I can not decide on on wet or dry skimming on my 190l seahorse tank. Can anyone put up a good argument for 1 or the other
 
Well, skimming too dry you may miss a lot of organics, skimming too wet you end up taking a lot of water out (could slowly lower salinity).. Best is somewhere in the middle.. I prefer closer to dry..
 
Last edited:
There are pros and cons to both but there's really no right or wrong then. ATM I am getting a little tea water and a bit of brown gunk so it's working. But I like to fiddle with these things to get the best
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new