• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Skimz MBR127 Macroalgae Reactor - Used - $125 Shipped!

BrianReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Selling a used MBR127 Reactor. About 6 months old, works perfectly but no longer need it. Cleaned, boxed, and ready to ship tomorrow.

1.jpg
2.jpg

Product Details Below:

Grow macroalgae without a refugium!
Growing algae like chaetomorpha will greatly help your reef aquarium with nutrient issues like nitrate and phosphate. The Skimz MBR127 Macroalgae reactor is designed to be placed in any sump and includes a LED lighting system designed for algae growth.

Dimensions - 7" L x 7" W x 17" H
  • DC Controllable Quiet Pro Pump
  • Quartz Sleeve
  • LED Lighting System
  • Integrated algae containment plates
Refugiums are a proven nutrient reduction method that grow specific algae like chaetomorpha that intake nutrients such as nitrate and phosphate. However, refugiums take up a lot of space, usually make a mess of your sump, and they are not efficient at directing flow through the algae. The Skimz MBR127 Macroalgae Reactor allows you to grow algae within a contained system, letting you have full control of the flow rate through the reactor and direct contact with the LED lighting system.

LED Lighting
All Skimz Macroalgae Reactors include a high power LED lighting system that is encased in a crystal clear quartz sleeve. Quartz sleeves provide the highest optical clarity allowing much more light to pass through when compared to typical glass. The LEDs were selected to provide excellent nutrient intake while providing rapid growth. As water flows through the reactor and contacts the quartz sleeve, it will actively cool the LED lights. We do not recommend turning the light on without water flow through the reactor.

Controllable Quiet Pro DC Pump
The included DC pump gives you full control of the flow through the algae. The highly efficient Quiet Pro DC pumps run extremely quiet, using a brushless 6-pole synchronous motor. They also utilize a slow start-up mode that gradually builds up speed over the duration of about 20 seconds. With 9 different speed settings, dialing in the reactor is as simple as pushing up or down on the pump controller.

Max Tank Volume Recommendation - 100 Gallons
The size of macroalgae reactor your aquarium requires will vary depending on the amount of nutrient reduction needed. We suggest using the largest macroalgae reactor you can fit in your sump.

Specifications
Dimensions - 7" x 7" x 17"
Min Water Level - 2.75"
Reactor Total Volume - 0.85 Gallons (approx)
Number of LEDs - 36 LEDs
LED Colors - Red, Blue, White
Pump Max Flow - 320 GPH
Pump Max Power - 13W

What's Included?

1x MBR127 Reactor
1x QP1.2 Skimz Quiet Pro Pump
1x Pump Controller
1x LED Lighting System
1x LED Power Supply
1x Pump Power Supply

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back