Skinny goby

GillMeister

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a Golden Head Sleeper and a Banded Goby for about 6 months. The Golden Head looks fat and sassy but the Banded looks a little skinny. Is there something I should be doing to get more food in his tum-tum?

EvanDeVita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a Golden Head Sleeper and a Banded Goby for about 6 months. The Golden Head looks fat and sassy but the Banded looks a little skinny. Is there something I should be doing to get more food in his tum-tum?
Next time you feed, check to make sure the banded gets some food. If you don’t any food floating down to him, then you should spot feed him using a turkey baster. If food is reaching him and he’s not eating, your fish may be sick. If it’s the latter, check again for another day then return to this post and update us

OP
OP
GillMeister

GillMeister

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next time you feed, check to make sure the banded gets some food. If you don’t any food floating down to him, then you should spot feed him using a turkey baster. If food is reaching him and he’s not eating, your fish may be sick. If it’s the latter, check again for another day then return to this post and update us
I don't think he's sick, he just isn't eating enough. He's very shy compared to the Golden Head and has never been super active so getting him to chase after food hasn't been an option. I'll try the baster. It might be the only way food gets to the bottom of the tank. I should also note that that I have a ton of pods living in my tank so the sand bed should be fairly alive.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 70 44.3%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 74 46.8%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.9%
Back