Skinz's big boy tank.

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds to me like they're making excuses (cya). In their instructions did they ever mention that little to no SB? Also, the rep gave you the wrong amount to dose so that is his fault too, just for starters. Nualgi approached me on my thread. I obviously have a semi deep SB, and you can't have one with this product, so then why approach someone you know does not qualify to use their product? . Hmmmm.

OP
OP
skinz78

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah me too, I really debated on even contacting them because I've gotten the excuses from other vendors in the past and found it was a waste of time to even say anything. They'll never admit when they are in the wrong.

No the instructions never said a word about sand bed depth. In fact I signed up for the free sample and was required to provide a pic of my tank when doing so...

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think there should have been a full do's and don't s requirement list on their site written by the biologist. If you had known in the first place that little to no sand is required you would not have used their product nor crashed your tank. I personally feel that they're liable. And I bet the crash was that A) you have a deep SB and B) they told you to dose more than you should have.

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since Randy is back maybe you can message him and see what he thinks on your tank issue. I for one would love to see it back to it's gorgeous 'ol self :)

OP
OP
skinz78

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got to do a water change tonight, the tank is really sad right now. I've lost most of my critters.

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NOOO!!! I am so sorry to hear that!! :(

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NOOO!!! I am so sorry to hear that!! :(

Me too!!!

Chris, what if you fragged everything you can and put them in your frag tank, and empty the tank, add new SB and rock? Seems like the rock and or the SB is saturated with PO4 from that stuff you were using. I know many people including myself that will send you goodies to help you fill it back up when it's ready for them.

Zero Nitrates

I love chalices
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife Sarah and I have welcomed a new frag into the world! Alyse Kathryn was born yesterday morning and weighs 7lb 9oz and is just shy of 20"!
Congrats Chris! She is Beautiful!

Sorry about the tank.

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Chris how about an update Brother, I know you are working some serious hours of late but curious to hear how things are. When your ready or your tank is ready I'll happily gift you a nice Frag Pack to put some color back in there my friend. Can always bag and box corals for an extended period and meet up at our place in Hansville to save you a Ferry trip.

Cheers, Todd

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
skinz78

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AKA bulldozers, lol worse than Turbos! I'm actually pointing my powerheads directly at the bad spots and the algae is peeling away over a few days and doesn't seem to be coming back.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 28.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 31 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 28.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%

Back