Skittles granulosa

  • Thread starter Thread starter bubbaque
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Yes I recall that thread now. Dan has always done right by me and mistakes happen. I've been in the same boat recently with a different vendor. I wont say any names but we are talking about some really expensive high end acros that were nothing what the vendor claimed.
Sorry to hear that
 
I got a nice fragment from eye catching that has some of these qualities and is growing ok so far. But I have a hard time telling between Lokani and granulosa fragments. I am sure there are a bunch of loripes coming in that look similar but imo won’t look at all as nice as what the op posted.
 
From what I can tell, the distinguishing characteristics of the skittles from other granulosa/loripes are the dark purple (rather than blue) tips and dark red polyps. I haven't seen one lately that has this color scheme.

I think Bubba recruited me to this hunt now :)

Peng had one last year he sold, said it came from a local guy in Portland, so anyone in that area who can ask around would be appreciated!
 
From what I can tell, the distinguishing characteristics of the skittles from other granulosa/loripes are the dark purple (rather than blue) tips and dark red polyps. I haven't seen one lately that has this color scheme.

I think Bubba recruited me to this hunt now :)

Peng had one last year he sold, said it came from a local guy in Portland, so anyone in that area who can ask around would be appreciated!
Bubba got me looking also
 
Lighting definitely plays a role in the color.

My Skittles Granulosa over the years before I lost it. I have seen a few green/purple Granulosa's that would probably look the same under high lighting. The closest corals I have that looks like my old Skittle is the BC Kermit Song, only time will tell. . .

I dug up some old photos for Bubba :p


SkittlesGranulosa01.JPG
Granulosatop.JPG Skittlessideweb.JPG
Gran.JPG
SkittlesGranulosaweb.JPG DSC_6650.JPG IMG_3825.JPG IMG_3395.JPG 101_1635.JPG
 
Lighting definitely plays a role in the color.

My Skittles Granulosa over the years before I lost it. I have seen a few green/purple Granulosa's that would probably look the same under high lighting. The closest corals I have that looks like my old Skittle is the BC Kermit Song, only time will tell. . .

I dug up some old photos for Bubba :p


SkittlesGranulosa01.JPG
Granulosatop.JPG Skittlessideweb.JPG
Gran.JPG
SkittlesGranulosaweb.JPG DSC_6650.JPG IMG_3825.JPG IMG_3395.JPG 101_1635.JPG

Those long smooth branches are niiiiiiice...
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 15 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new