Sky vs hydra 32

gabesreef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 21, 2020
Messages
302
Reaction score
66
Location
miami
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4 hydra 32hds or 2 Neptune sky’s on a 5 foot tank?
 
SKY's are no longer manufactured. But to your question I have a pair over my 210 gallon 54x30x30 mixed reef and they grow corals top to bottom without issues. They are a large panel and about 200 watts.

The AI Hydra, newer edge 44 and 68 HD's are 95 watt and 135 watt respectively. Watts are just a reference point.

I'm not sure if you are comparing new or used but just throwing this out there. You can do a search here and get plenty of lighting recommendations and opinions on the subject. Just replying to note the SKYs are no longer manufactured and have not been for a spell.
 
SKY's are no longer manufactured. But to your question I have a pair over my 210 gallon 54x30x30 mixed reef and they grow corals top to bottom without issues. They are a large panel and about 200 watts.

The AI Hydra, newer edge 44 and 68 HD's are 95 watt and 135 watt respectively. Watts are just a reference point.

I'm not sure if you are comparing new or used but just throwing this out there. You can do a search here and get plenty of lighting recommendations and opinions on the subject. Just replying to note the SKYs are no longer manufactured and have not been for a spell.
Yeah I would be buying used I’m just super indecisive at the moment
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new