OP
OP
SKYHIGGh

SKYHIGGh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a few things for my baby today ordered!

Really wanted a battle box of corals but wife convinced me that I should keep working on the set up until what I have starts to grow a bit more and color up, so I said sure since she was not saying no of course lol

So I got a Hanna checker for alk as I’m chasing it and I’m tired of the tritiation stuff so hopefully that makes me happy.

I got the 5l bundle of aquaforest components 123 since my Red Sea stuff is just about done.

Going full balling method on aqua forest in addition to already using there probio salt. Once I get a better skimmer than my hydor slim slim I’ll start dropping the probio s and np4 supplements maybe not trying to go full ulns.

I got 4 Voss glass 800ml bottles the Murlock bulkhead tubing acrylic tubing and nipple to sit into the Murlock to go to my doser using airline tubing.

You tube said about $6per diy container I found it to be around $12 per bottle so 48 total for my dosing counter set up. I was going to be the one on BrS for 60 but wife said just make it. In hindsight maybe I should have spent the extra 20 but I would be short 1 pump so I guess I was a win. Only down side I don’t mind building it but I’m not looking forward to scrapping the stickers off but we will see maybe it will be super easy.

I also grab some algae filter pads for the tank as well I use it to catch anything large before return. I’ll post some pics when I everything comes in and I build the DYI dosing containers.

Spent about $200 bucks on BRS but money well spent and I always watch there videos so It almost felt like I was giving back super weird lol

Black Friday I plan on purchasing a wavepuck2 or Nero if cheap enough, calcium checker and a new skimmer.

Hopefully for Christmas a large battle box once I pool all my moneys together from wife and family thanks for looking.

Any tips on going balling method?

Here’s a current FTS
ae41cf3d16591536a15f3c2431e89754.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
SKYHIGGh

SKYHIGGh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super happy just got home from work and my package arrived! Waited all day to get home!

Used my Hanna alk checker asap and guess what my first reading was the magical 8.5 first try thank god!!!!!

In bad news I bought 1/4 tubing for 1/4 stems going into the Murlock bulkheads for dosing containers I’m making tommarow and it won’t fit at all!! But I’ll figure something out I’m just happy and everyone is sleep!

My components 123+ also came love the purple box and what not. Can’t wait to hook all up tommarow

OP
OP
SKYHIGGh

SKYHIGGh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could not sleep so while the kids and wife rest I rolled up and went to work.

Pretty happy with my self I was able to make all 4 dosing containers in about an hour with no issues filled all three up with aquaforest components 123 and #4 has reef fuel from aqua vitro. Once it finishes I’ll switch to the aquaforest equivalent.

Going to watch my dkh from one day to the next and then figure out my dose from there. Happy to below 10 to be honest coming from 14 for so many years.

My chili pepper monti has gone from all white to almost all the way back green with the red polyps so its a great tell that things are back to normal.

Happy with probiotic salt and aquaforest products!

4b970ef99b054f1d227a7ff9e66dc209.jpg

OP
OP
SKYHIGGh

SKYHIGGh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some updates tank is doing great!!!!

Dosing all aquaforest 123 at the moment balling method only 7Ml per day

Still running aquaforest probio salt just did last water change five days ago. Going to order a new bucket this weekend.

Got all my Hanna test kits in running alk at 9.7 for a week or two now so glad I got it dialed in holding steady!
Calcium is high at 536 but since using balling method going to let it rock for some times and keep dosing
Mag at 1500 going to also leave it alone since running balling method and alk is steady at a responsible levels!

Did some mods and rescape so to speak!

Put my DP4 doser diy mod from you tube eat sleep reef and did front facing wall mounted. Was able to turn old acrylic bracket into a self for my Hanna checkers!
f6709ade335e7751d2a9625e210b68a6.jpg
5cfbd644dea3d069fb15e86b5352238a.jpg
75a69128856342f99996727ecaa2fb4f.jpg
98fb405373c8848360133d21493c9bba.jpg
1e572e2a9184ed4b9ef2bec49e0388ea.jpg
Also my DIY VoSs dosing containers are awsome and work great!
afd3a5ff890604919d505e4a04810ce2.jpg

All frags are doing good still no loses in months at this point!

Clam is happy and has grown 1/4 its size I’ve purchased it

Across are growing and color really staring to come in after nothing but green for months. I did clip on Frag the tri color valdia the cuts died but the main frags all new growth is a beautiful purple color and one branch has almost grown bigger than all branches after 1.5 months compared the others been in tank 8 months something to be said about that experiment

Monti island is a thing all 4 are going to touch any day now. Mystic reef tech chilling pepper tyree rainbow will be one!!!!

Zoas are zoas and popping new babies! I also added a Rose BTA last week it has been doing well in more or less the same spot for a week showing brief moments of bubbles no clown action as the live in the zoas Smh

Tanks for looking loving my tank lately and really considering purchasing a pack of corals very soon now!!!

f5cbc5b276be69981a97228212a7ce1f.jpg
f0806e64c514cfd9d1c4d84ec2844f58.jpg

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 34 29.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back