SLASH Club Future Discussion

Ultraman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We’ve been talking amongst ourselves about the future of SLASH and wanted to open a conversation to hear your thoughts. In general, the last 10 years with Facebook, changing social demographics, and finally Covid, we have seen a marked decline in folks wanting to hang out together. We didn’t do raffles at our swap this year because the trend has been folks come in, shop, then leave. Of course, that’s perfectly okay and it’s a blast seeing everyone. If it wasn’t for our frag swaps, we’d rarely see each other.

We are wanting to get pizza nights rolling again and a few Reefers have offered to invite us into their homes to check out their systems and hang out. There’s a small group of us that enjoy getting together every month or two to hang out, talk reefs, etc. We are hoping to continue these activities and are looking at how we want to see frag swaps in the future.

One question that’s arose is if SLASH should even continue on as a club. What is a club these days and do folks want to belong to one. What can we offer to prospective members? Is there an interest in belonging, or is the club idea antiquated these days.

Just wanting to put it out there for discussion. We turned our memberships off at the swap as we don’t want to charge folks for something if there aren’t any tangible benefits. We have a much larger group of folks here than on RC which has been pretty vacant for a few years, so it makes sense to discuss on this forum. Feel free to let us know what you’re thinking about SLASH, and where we should head.

Thanks, Dave aka Nanook on RC

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back