Sleeper Banded Goby and Shrimp Pair??

  • Thread starter Thread starter smhray
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

smhray

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 17, 2020
Messages
86
Reaction score
27
Location
Toronto
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was told that a sleeper banded goby can pair with a shrimp. I was just wondering if this was true and with which species of shrimp. Also if they do pair is there anyway I should try to pair them or can I just put a shrimp in with my goby.
 
Some gobies can pair with a shrimp, but I don’t think the sleeper banded is one of them. Usually it’s a pistol shrimp they pair with. The shrimp digs a cave for them while the goby stands watch.

They probably will find each other, or Liveaquaria sells bonded pairs.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new