SLEEPING FISH???……..Well Not Exactly!!!

N.Sreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My cuban hogfish is normally out by the time I'm looking at the tank but one morning I woke up early to look at the tank as things "woke up" and Duff (the hogfish) came bursting out of the sand and flew six feet across the aquarium to hide. I don't know which one of us was more freaked out.

Calm Blue Ocean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The most serious sleeper in my tank would be my red-lined wrasse. Even after having her more than a year I find it hard to believe she just dives into the sand every night not to be seen again until morning. When I first got her, trying to feed her made me crazy because she'd insist on going to bed around noon each day. With the recent time change it took her 3 or 4 days to stay up the extra hour yet she adjusted to wake up time immediately.

My pink-streaked wrasse sleeps in the rocks in the same little cubby that my peppermint shrimps live in.

The midas blenny has a bolt hole in the back of the tank that she can disappear completely in.

The clowns hug their host rock all night. When I first got them, though, in my old tank, they would float at the surface next to the heater. Very disturbing thing to see as a newcomer to saltwater fish!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 15 7.7%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 130 66.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 10 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.1%
Back