Slicing off a mushroom coral

  • Thread starter Thread starter specialk
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

specialk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 13, 2013
Messages
1,001
Reaction score
297
Location
Cleveland / Lakewood, Ohio
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a mushroom softy that is growing out of control -- it is huge -- and this is great and all, but it is right by a prized sps that is also growing, and the sps is being killed off in spots and destroyed by the softy. How am I able to get this bad boy off the rock and turn it loose somewhere else in the tank without killing it?

Should I just get in there with a razor blade and gently slice it off of the rock? Is that the best way? I obviously do not want to kill it .. but want it away from the sps
 
Most mushrooms can be sliced and diced and still live. the tricky part is reattaching it!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 13 28.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 34.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new