Slip side union for 1" Neptune Flow Sensor

BPiers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a slow leak on the slip side of my new FS-100.
We all know that the threaded side are BSP, so I can't just run down to the Home Depot and get a new union to thread on.

--Or can I? Would the slip side of the union mate up? What are my other options?
I'm a huge Neptune fan, but am pretty disappointed that a US based company selling a US based product makes it near impossible to get replacement parts!

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I thought I was going to be smart and do the same as I had a union where I was going to put my 1in and it wasn't compatible didn't make me happy but mine is working great
So cut it out and add the BSP one completely

OP
OP
BPiers

BPiers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to unthread the union and pack the pipe with more PVC glue from the inside. Seems to be Okay-- but for others, and myself in the future when I need to change my plumbing around - do they sell these unions from Neptune??

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to unthread the union and pack the pipe with more PVC glue from the inside. Seems to be Okay-- but for others, and myself in the future when I need to change my plumbing around - do they sell these unions from Neptune??
Did it work?

rsumner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$36.59 for two new FS-100 unions shipped from Neptune's replacement part site. For a little more than $20 more, I can get a whole new FS-100 that includes the unions and get it shipped for free from a retailer. Anybody know where to get these unions elsewhere?

TYmonster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$36.59 for two new FS-100 unions shipped from Neptune's replacement part site. For a little more than $20 more, I can get a whole new FS-100 that includes the unions and get it shipped for free from a retailer. Anybody know where to get these unions elsewhere?
Old Thread, New Knowledge: Cepex Replacement Unions also fit!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 52 42.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back