Slow and steady

OCD420

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 27, 2018
Messages
34
Reaction score
36
Location
Riverside
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My progress over the last year...

I upgraded from a 75G with a small HOB to a 120G with 45G sump when we purchased our house last year. I still need to decide on the tile for the stand and work on the sump a bit, but it is coming along.

I just added the viparspectra lights yesterday. I’ve been using a sea star led strip and an orbit marine that my LFS uses on their setups. I gotta say that the black boxes are so much brighter at 5% than the other 2 lights at their maximum. I’m still in the acclimation period so that’s about all I can say about them for now.

I am hoping that this investment will yield some coral growth. For some reason I can’t keep zoas, xenia, or GSP frags at all. They just shrink day by day every time I add one.

The leather tentacle coral, yumas, and frog spawns are growing/multiplying at a decent rate... but that’s about it. I change the water/sock every 2 weeks on the dot and keep the sponges and skimmer clean. The chaeto and caulerpa does not last very long either... turns white and disappears leaving behind long white branches. I thought that maybe my water was too clean, but the mangrove is growing like crazy so who knows.

Anyway, forgive my rambling, here’s my update...

59250367-4ED5-41D3-AC92-AA2ED927F8D3.jpeg 80305CD7-AD39-4E0E-BE96-A713AD719C48.png 8514280A-F733-4B82-AD3B-5F995487CAB1.png 2C4F82E2-EA76-4ED5-BBBE-021E283A2BF3.png F3F4117A-FBB6-42C8-91BB-5CD52EEA3AEB.png 1D7BB895-E219-4FCC-B368-8912FE2E766A.png 70E11D97-4EF3-45D4-B6A4-43C0D41D55BE.png 47910226-3F74-401A-B981-15857F8402BE.jpeg 8F2DBED3-5365-47A0-AEEA-F99E18116E2C.png 48DBABB5-6400-416B-A725-1E67D29F1B55.png
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new