Slow tissue necrosis?

lilbitreefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 21, 2017
Messages
420
Reaction score
251
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank parameters has gotten out of wack I was more worried about Nitrates and phosphates I did realize my alkalinity, calcium and magnesium were sky high. I quite dosing about a week ago the levels are as follows as of yesterday. The fraq was happy with polyp extensions for about 4 days then it started to not extend the polyps. Also moved it high in the tank thinking it might be needing more flow or light but it has not gotten any better. I have since moved it to a frag rack and put it in the lower 4rd of the tank. This has been going on for about 2 weeks now. Will it survive? I do not want to add any more frag intill I get a bit better understanfing of what to do. My LPS/ leathers and anenomes seem to be doing ok right now. Alk seems to be dropping by 10 points a day. Calcium about 7-10 as well. I will need to start doing in another week or two to maintain in good parameters.
IMG_5118.JPG


Mag=1900
Ca=453
Alk-9.74
Nitrates-0
Phosphates-1

IMG_5112.JPG
 
My tank parameters has gotten out of wack I was more worried about Nitrates and phosphates I did realize my alkalinity, calcium and magnesium were sky high. I quite dosing about a week ago the levels are as follows as of yesterday. The fraq was happy with polyp extensions for about 4 days then it started to not extend the polyps. Also moved it high in the tank thinking it might be needing more flow or light but it has not gotten any better. I have since moved it to a frag rack and put it in the lower 4rd of the tank. This has been going on for about 2 weeks now. Will it survive? I do not want to add any more frag intill I get a bit better understanfing of what to do. My LPS/ leathers and anenomes seem to be doing ok right now. Alk seems to be dropping by 10 points a day. Calcium about 7-10 as well. I will need to start doing in another week or two to maintain in good parameters.
IMG_5118.JPG


Mag=1900
Ca=453
Alk-9.74
Nitrates-0
Phosphates-1

IMG_5112.JPG

Have you coral dipped? Could be bugs.
 
I did dip once before putting it in. Maybe I'll dip again it has been two weeks and hopefully it can handle it. Worse case scenario it dies and it's my olnly acropora. Would it attack my other sps?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new