Slow tissue necrosis?

lilbitreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank parameters has gotten out of wack I was more worried about Nitrates and phosphates I did realize my alkalinity, calcium and magnesium were sky high. I quite dosing about a week ago the levels are as follows as of yesterday. The fraq was happy with polyp extensions for about 4 days then it started to not extend the polyps. Also moved it high in the tank thinking it might be needing more flow or light but it has not gotten any better. I have since moved it to a frag rack and put it in the lower 4rd of the tank. This has been going on for about 2 weeks now. Will it survive? I do not want to add any more frag intill I get a bit better understanfing of what to do. My LPS/ leathers and anenomes seem to be doing ok right now. Alk seems to be dropping by 10 points a day. Calcium about 7-10 as well. I will need to start doing in another week or two to maintain in good parameters.
IMG_5118.JPG

Mag=1900
Ca=453
Alk-9.74
Nitrates-0
Phosphates-1

IMG_5112.JPG

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank parameters has gotten out of wack I was more worried about Nitrates and phosphates I did realize my alkalinity, calcium and magnesium were sky high. I quite dosing about a week ago the levels are as follows as of yesterday. The fraq was happy with polyp extensions for about 4 days then it started to not extend the polyps. Also moved it high in the tank thinking it might be needing more flow or light but it has not gotten any better. I have since moved it to a frag rack and put it in the lower 4rd of the tank. This has been going on for about 2 weeks now. Will it survive? I do not want to add any more frag intill I get a bit better understanfing of what to do. My LPS/ leathers and anenomes seem to be doing ok right now. Alk seems to be dropping by 10 points a day. Calcium about 7-10 as well. I will need to start doing in another week or two to maintain in good parameters.
IMG_5118.JPG

Mag=1900
Ca=453
Alk-9.74
Nitrates-0
Phosphates-1

IMG_5112.JPG

Have you coral dipped? Could be bugs.

OP
OP
lilbitreefer

lilbitreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did dip once before putting it in. Maybe I'll dip again it has been two weeks and hopefully it can handle it. Worse case scenario it dies and it's my olnly acropora. Would it attack my other sps?

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 44 78.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back