slower flow at night?

CindyKz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently added a WXM module to my apex, so now I can program my MP40s to change speeds and modes. I'm curious who slows the flow in their tanks down at night? I never could before and wonder at the rationale for those who do.

Thanks

Cindy

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently added a WXM module to my apex, so now I can program my MP40s to change speeds and modes. I'm curious who slows the flow in their tanks down at night? I never could before and wonder at the rationale for those who do.

Thanks

Cindy
Hi Cindy, I had/still have a RedSea WaveMaster Pro when I set my tank up years ago. It has, even on that dated technology a night mode and I used it. Generally, it is accepted that the reef is a bit calmer during the evening hours. I can't say for certain the reason for this but it might have something to do with heating and the resultant wind during the day. I'm no meteorologist, but my anecdotal observation of having dove in many places and at night that the reef does, in fact, appear to be less turbulent during the evening hours. As I am setting up my new tank, I will be again utilizing the night mode on the old wavemaker as well as the function on my Gyers AND my Jebaos via the Apex. I think it is a good idea so I would say go for it. Your fish will appreciate a calmer nights sleep as well.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 15.5%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 65 45.8%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 48 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%

Back