slowly dying nem

CindyKz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I know a 'nem that goes through a powerhead can nuke a tank, what about a sick BTA? My tank has just been not right for weeks. Today I noticed my BTA looked kinda stringy. At first I thought it split but then realized part of the foot looked detached and weird and the pieces were still partially attached. It came off the rock way too easily. (I flushed it).

I went through an alk swing a few weeks ago and blamed that initially. Things seemed like they were recovering but then today looked pukey again. Would a sick (but not dead) 'nem contribute?

Cindy

Dree

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a little confused, you said you flushed the apparent sick anemone, but everything else in your tank is still looking sick or ill? Can you specify what exactly isn’t looking good. A coral? Inverts? Fish? Posting some pictures can help a lot too.

OP
OP
CindyKz

CindyKz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had some STN on my acros and a couple of chalices are showing skeleton. We are in the middle of moving so no time to post pictures and I'm not looking for anyone to try to figure the cause of the overall problems anyway. Just wondering if a sick BTA gives off any kind of toxin that could contribute.

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably all from the alk swing, but you could run some carbon

OP
OP
CindyKz

CindyKz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apologies for giving too much info in the initial post. I was rushing and shouldn't have. My question wasn't what started my tank issues or what to do about them.

There are many posts about anemones getting sucked into powerheads and nuking tanks. All I want to know is if they have a similar adverse effect when sick and/or dying. And the mechanism of it, if anyone knows.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 14.3%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 39 42.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 34 37.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back