Slowly starting my Reef Tank

Pop

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far I only have one Zoa coral but I really want to try get more. I’m still a beginner so I’m fairly new. Should I wait and see if I can handle this coral first before buying any new ones ? I bought Reefroids for my corals. I heard it’s great food for corals.

097C203A-1242-47D9-855A-DA096E1DA66D.jpeg

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your zoas should get all of the nutrients it needs from normal feeding. As you progress, and add more demanding corals(LPS/SPS), you should look at feeding the corals directly. When I feed my corals, I do target the zoas, but I have a massive colony. In my opinion, unless you have other, more demanding corals, I would hold off on the coral specific feeding until the coral population demands it. Just one guys opinion.

OP
OP
Pop

Pop

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your zoas should get all of the nutrients it needs from normal feeding. As you progress, and add more demanding corals(LPS/SPS), you should look at feeding the corals directly. When I feed my corals, I do target the zoas, but I have a massive colony. In my opinion, unless you have other, more demanding corals, I would hold off on the coral specific feeding until the coral population demands it. Just one guys opinion.
Thanks for the advice ! So I don’t need to feed my Zoa directly yet ? Also if you see in the picture I posted it shows my hermit crab eating something off my coral? I took him away from the coral because I was afraid it going to eat my soft coral.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 172 72.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 42 17.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.1%
Back