ourcoralreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most angler keepers are telling me its ok
I would appreciate details on why yes or no

Please note the angler would be a 1.5 inch can grow to a maximum 4 inches (warty)

Keeping it simple

Trying to get as much information as possible im not jumping into it

I would really like the opinion of other angler keepers

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What else do you have with it

What do you do to “stimulate it”

He's in there alone with the exception of a peppermint shrimp that was meant for food. The stimulation comes from the hunt, I feed him live food that he can hunt and ambush. He swims around, mostly like floating and using his jet packs to maneuver, while scouting out his terrain. He uses his lure to get attention, then attract, then hypnotize as he moves in for the slurp. About once a month or so I will acclimate a few mollies to give him activity in catching them for the next couple of days. Online people may spin tales of keeping anglers for years in a 10g, but in real life it just doesn't happen. I have seen countless of these guys perish really quickly, pretty much within days or weeks. And if you feed it from a stick, you could have easily gotten a silicone model, because they will settle in, never move, eventually stop using their lure, stop eating and die; pretty quickly. And I just don't get the point, the fascination of keeping these guys is to witness just a glimpse of how they live in wild, not feeding it dead from a stick in a small glass cage until he dies.

OP
OP
ourcoralreef

ourcoralreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's in there alone with the exception of a peppermint shrimp that was meant for food. The stimulation comes from the hunt, I feed him live food that he can hunt and ambush. He swims around, mostly like floating and using his jet packs to maneuver, while scouting out his terrain. He uses his lure to get attention, then attract, then hypnotize as he moves in for the slurp. About once a month or so I will acclimate a few mollies to give him activity in catching them for the next couple of days. Online people may spin tales of keeping anglers for years in a 10g, but in real life it just doesn't happen. I have seen countless of these guys perish really quickly, pretty much within days or weeks. And if you feed it from a stick, you could have easily gotten a silicone model, because they will settle in, never move, eventually stop using their lure, stop eating and die; pretty quickly. And I just don't get the point, the fascination of keeping these guys is to witness just a glimpse of how they live in wild, not feeding it dead from a stick in a small glass cage until he dies.

Thank you for the reply

I have some people that kept them for 2+ years “as long as water quality is good and quality of food is good then your good”

Mollies are not a good source of nutrition do you gut load them

How long have you had yours
How big is it

There are allot of deaths
From my research they die because people don’t know what to feed them and even if they do they can’t get them to eat and when they do the water quality is really bad

Im trying to get all the information i can get

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back