Small "bugs" on my LPS/Softies

  • Thread starter Thread starter reptireef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

reptireef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 11, 2021
Messages
132
Reaction score
295
Location
Naples
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ever since I've gotten a macro lens I've noticed these small bugs(?) on my LPS and shrooms when taking photos. I have no idea what they could be but they do move around and I would have to guess there's probably tens of thousands throughout my coral collection. They appear on nearly everything. For example, gonis, shrooms, chalice, acans, etc. I do not notice them on my acros although I have recently erradicated some flatworms on my sps and have had flatworms on my LPS before but havent had that happen in a year probably.

Any help identifying/treating would be appreciated, here's some not so great/very zoomed in photos I just took.

DSC04725.jpg DSC04674.jpg DSC04431.jpg
 
Are those bugs? Do they move at all? Those may just be concentrations of zooxanthellae in the tissue.
 
Are those bugs? Do they move at all? Those may just be concentrations of zooxanthellae in the tissue.
I can see them moving when holding the camera still, they always appear on the base tissue rather than tentacles, and also come and go depending on the coral.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new