Small Clown Food

hig789

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently picked up a pair of fancy ocellaris clowns and one is pretty small. They were feeding on Reef Frenzy at the fish store but I was wanting to feed them dry foods for ease of feeding.

I originally bought New Life Spectrum 1mm pellets to feed them it the small clowns mouth isn't big enough to eat those. So then I picked up some Omega .5 garlic marine pellets, they would eat some of it and spit some of it out. And the other day I got some Cobalt CA Mysis flakes as sample and they go nuts for it but the bad thing is is that it's almost a powder and I feel a whole lot gets wasted.

Any recommendations on something else that's small I could try or just stick with the CA Mysis?

Last edited:

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sit down for 10 minutes with a good knife and spend some time cutting the NLS in half and putting them in it's own container. I generally do this for my small ones until they can eat the normal pellet size. As long as they get 1 piece a few times a day they will be fine.

OP
OP
hig789

hig789

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sit down for 10 minutes with a good knife and spend some time cutting the NLS in half and putting them in it's own container. I generally do this for my small ones until they can eat the normal pellet size. As long as they get 1 piece a few times a day they will be fine.

The little one acted like the diameter of the pellet was too large to go into its mouth. Could have just been that it got it on its lips and didn't like the taste and just spit it out too. They both easily ate the .5mm omega pellets. But like I said they spit most of them out.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 51 40.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 27.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back