Small clownfish

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got a couple of clownfishes last night with my LFS, I really feel quite annoyed since they offered me a couple of good size ocellaris clowns, maybe 2.5", but when they finally arrived I find a couple of clowns that barely seem to measure 1", I think they are A. percula and they are quite clean from their body, there are no parasitic signs, they look quite good but the only problem is their size, I would never buy clowns less than 2" because I like large specimens anyway, I have no choice but to stay with them but I wonder if anyone knows how long it will take for them to grow to double their size, should I wait weeks or months? It depends on the diet I suppose, I feed my fish with mysis, brine shrimp, seafood porridge and flakes. Let me know your ideas ...

jfoahs04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got a couple of clownfishes last night with my LFS, I really feel quite annoyed since they offered me a couple of good size ocellaris clowns, maybe 2.5", but when they finally arrived I find a couple of clowns that barely seem to measure 1", I think they are A. percula and they are quite clean from their body, there are no parasitic signs, they look quite good but the only problem is their size, I would never buy clowns less than 2" because I like large specimens anyway, I have no choice but to stay with them but I wonder if anyone knows how long it will take for them to grow to double their size, should I wait weeks or months? It depends on the diet I suppose, I feed my fish with mysis, brine shrimp, seafood porridge and flakes. Let me know your ideas ...

Definitely not weeks, and most likely more than a few months. I'd say about a year to a year and a half to double their size with normal feeding. Consider the grabbing the small pellets from New Life Spectrum. My small Davinci is about an inch and does pretty well between those, and a mix of brine and mysis. The brine alone won't do much for their growth, and I've had mixed experiences with clowns and flakes in the past (some won't touch them).

OP
OP
LaloJ

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any ideas to accelerate growth? At the moment they are in quarantine, and they will stay there for 10 weeks, I feed the fish about 7-8 times a day in the QT tank.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%

Back