Small Coral Business?

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I say absolutely give it a shot! Regarding the importing from abroad idea, I won't by any means claim to know everything about it but I'd expect it to be a rather long and difficult process to do it legally (even more difficult illegally tbh). You'd have to deal with the federal government and CITES regulations...with the difficulty and long drawn out process involves in just doing simple legal things within your state requiring government permission, I'd probably make that a long term goal and right now focus on your strengths and capitalize on them. There's no hurry if it's a passion. I'd suspect that one of the most important things you can do is make as many contacts as possible and if you have the right contacts plenty of opportunities will start to pop up seemingly magically over time. The more connections you have in any business, the better.

19Mateo83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If you are ever through Charlotte NC stop in and check out TRSC Aquatics. It is run out of their house. I stopped by a few weeks ago and their setup is fantastic! It’s a 3 car garage slap full of tanks LOADED with amazing coral. From memory I count at least 13 systems in the garages plus the displays in their living room. It was truly impressive, there was like 10-20x the amount of stuff than they have listed on their website. They had good prices too! I managed to get a picture of their main display tank (260gallon) in the living room.
56AFA9BF-52B7-4B05-901B-FE47E18D18F7.jpeg

affan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I say absolutely give it a shot! Regarding the importing from abroad idea, I won't by any means claim to know everything about it but I'd expect it to be a rather long and difficult process to do it legally (even more difficult illegally tbh). You'd have to deal with the federal government and CITES regulations...with the difficulty and long drawn out process involves in just doing simple legal things within your state requiring government permission, I'd probably make that a long term goal and right now focus on your strengths and capitalize on them. There's no hurry if it's a passion. I'd suspect that one of the most important things you can do is make as many contacts as possible and if you have the right contacts plenty of opportunities will start to pop up seemingly magically over time. The more connections you have in any business, the better.
Agree with this, It really matters to have good connections in any business you have

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Interesting conversation for sure. I do know that those who are succeeding in this industry are super hardworking people! It for sure is going to require a lot of sweat

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back