Small fish or invert to eat algae

  • Thread starter Thread starter jstuver
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jstuver

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 27, 2010
Messages
497
Reaction score
30
Location
Provo, Utah
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for a small fish or invert that will eat this algae in between my Zoas
2012-03-05144349.jpg
 
It looks like it may be Briopsis "sp" to me? If so I don't know of anything that eats it other than elevated mag levels
 
If that is bryposis I would get it out of tank now. Toss the zoa and all. If you insist on keeping it dip for 5 minutes in 4 parts tank water 1 part h202. Your zoa won't like it and bubbles will form under the skin but it should be fine in a couple weeks. Do two treatments with 48 hours between each to be sure.
 
Well they happen to be Rastas so I won't toss them. My yellow tang kept it at bay in my other tank but I just downsized and no longer have the tang. So would that still be bryopsis? If he munched it?
 
Also looking at images from looking up bryopsis, bryopsis seems to have a feather structure this does not. Can I carefully cut the Zoas off?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new