Small frag tank ideas?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Veetz89
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Veetz89

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 15, 2018
Messages
84
Reaction score
37
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently quarantining my livestock in a 20 gallon long and a 10 gallon while my display is fallow. After setting up my fish closet I had the idea of starting a frag tank afterwards.

1. Could I just run carbon and clear the medication or should I sterilize the tank and re-cycle? (Trying to save that 2 month cycle period)

2. Should I use the 20 long or the 10 gallon?

3. What kind of light would be enough for a frag tank of that size?


Thanks in advance!!
 
You Should definitely completely clean out the tank and start over.
The bigger the better, it allows more stability if something happens with water chemistry.
What types of frags are you going to keep ?
 
More expensive option: reefbreeders, one of the best lights ever. Budget, you can use par 38s or aqua knights on amazon for like $50
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new