Small heater

  • Thread starter Thread starter jordanrb
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jordanrb

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 28, 2025
Messages
224
Reaction score
58
Location
Toronto
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 6 gallon with rear sump and I am in need of a good quality small heater. I cannot find one that would fit vertically. The tank water in the sump has a depth of 6"

I currently cant keep my skimmer with my heater in the sump and I do not want to put it in the display.

My main concern is quality.
 
Last edited:
Aqueon, Hygger, etc all make mini or micro sized heaters for nanos. Use those search terms.”nano aquarium heater” for example.
 
Don't know if this will work from Sicce.

ModelJolly Preset 6WJolly Preset 12WJolly Preset 25WJolly Preset 35W
Max. Aquarium Size1.6 Gallons3.2 Gallons6.6 Gallons9.2 Gallons
Preset Temperature25°C | 77°F25°C | 77°F25°C | 77°F25°C | 77°F
Length3.9"3.9"6.3"6.3"
Max. Diameter1.1"1.1"1.1"1.1"
Cable Length6 Feet6 Feet6 Feet6 Feet
 
Aqueon, Hygger, etc all make mini or micro sized heaters for nanos. Use those search terms.”nano aquarium heater” for example.
Which one would you say is the best quality?
 
I think it is a crap shoot. For a tank they small, the lowest wattage possible to prevent overshoot or rapid overheat if the thermostat fails. . Maybe even a reptile Matt under of listed for such use.

Sicce may be a decent choice.

I am not where I can do any research for you at the moment.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new