Small isopod pillbug thing?? Normal?

Jonahnguyen

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 25, 2016
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just putting random pieces of liverock from my display to my sump and noticed this tiny little guy. Looks like a tiny chiton really. Maybe it is. Also there is a snail thing next to it. Looks like a limpet to me. Keep in mine that these guys are both tiny. Millimeters across. Any ideas?

IMG_20170427_222245.jpg


IMG_20170427_222408.jpg


IMG_20170427_222317.jpg
 
Looks like might be a Chiton
I don't think it can be a baby chiton anymore. It has eyes and chitons don't have the traditional two eyes. This thing also moved too fast to be a chiton, seems to have legs, and also seems to maybe have two antennae kind of things on the head. I'm guessing this thing is a harmless isopod but you never know I guess
 
Last edited:
Pictures of eyes (and antennae things I think) and legs. Sorry if I'm blowing this out of proportion. It's mostly out of curiosity and also genuine concern. Mostly the first though ;)


IMG_20170427_231304.jpg


IMG_20170427_231223.jpg
 
Looks like a chiton to me as well. I am not expert though.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new