Small LED for frag tank? Help me choose!

PaulKreider

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 6, 2013
Messages
1,799
Reaction score
109
Location
Tallahassee-Venice Fl
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to turn the small section in my sump into a frag tank and I am looking for some recomendations for lights.

Dimensions: 18"long 11"wide 13"deep

Need something smaller that will fit inside the stand, but also looking for a cheap option.

No Kessils, radions or AI Sols, I simply cannot afford them.

Any ideas? Would a Par bulb work?


Shoot me some ideas!
 
A par38 bulb would work. It wouldn't be even light to the edges, but few options would be. For a bit more money you could look at an evergrow d120. It's overkill for a frag tank that size, but you can turn it down.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new