Small or Larger T5 Fixture?

Lou City Reefing

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 28, 2021
Messages
303
Reaction score
264
Location
Louisville, KY
What state or country do you live in
Kentucky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, Everyone! I'm starting a 20 gallon long aquarium (dimensions 30"x12"x12") and will be using T5 with supplemental LED (most likely Orphek OR3) for lighting. Most T5 fixtures are either 2', 3', or 4'. Would it be better to go the smaller or 2' fixture and raise/lower as needed or a larger T5 fixture? I will be looking to grow LPS and/or softies (NO SPS IN THIS TANK).
 
I have the same tank with 2 ai prime h.ds on the ridgid mount all the way up i think it about 10" off the surface and its way to much light past 20% when I first started im still bringing them up but thats all you need or just the t5s.

Also I have kessils on a aquatic life t5 fixture its great and kessils app is good, I also like a.i app its good too if your into having tech in your lights. I just like the acclamation periods and lighting schedules, with ramp ups and downs.
 

Attachments

  • 20211114_114328.jpg
    20211114_114328.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 76
  • Screenshot_20211114-114656_myAI.jpg
    Screenshot_20211114-114656_myAI.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 79
Upvote 0
I have the same tank with 2 ai prime h.ds on the ridgid mount all the way up i think it about 10" off the surface and its way to much light past 20% when I first started im still bringing them up but thats all you need or just the t5s.

Also I have kessils on a aquatic life t5 fixture its great and kessils app is good, I also like a.i app its good too if your into having tech in your lights. I just like the acclamation periods and lighting schedules, with ramp ups and downs.
I believe I’m going with 2 AI Prime HD16s! I appreciate the information and photos!
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new