Small Stand, where do you put your equipment?

Timrpn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All!

So I am having “discussions” with my wife, we have 60 cube Aquarium. 24x24x24 stand is roughly the same size. It has a Trigger Systems ruby cube 20 sump under it that takes of 99% of the footprint. Where do you put all your extra equipment? Dosing pump containers etc? Can you show me some pics of your setups? Maybe if you have stuff outside of the cabinet that you hide it with to make it look pretty and not an eye soar in the livin room? Ours is in our corner of our room.

Heavymman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All!

So I am having “discussions” with my wife, we have 60 cube Aquarium. 24x24x24 stand is roughly the same size. It has a Trigger Systems ruby cube 20 sump under it that takes of 99% of the footprint. Where do you put all your extra equipment? Dosing pump containers etc? Can you show me some pics of your setups? Maybe if you have stuff outside of the cabinet that you hide it with to make it look pretty and not an eye soar in the livin room? Ours is in our corner of our room.
Waiting to see the responses because I’m in the same boat as you. I am prob going to set up a desk downstairs in the basement for my “frag station”

OP
OP
Timrpn

Timrpn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would love to have a sump in the basement, but there is no way I would ever be allowed to drill that many holes in the floor lol, especially for a 60 gal lol.

Heavymman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would love to have a sump in the basement, but there is no way I would ever be allowed to drill that many holes in the floor lol, especially for a 60 gal lol.
Sump is under the stand, Equipment will be in basement

Heavymman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So have your dosed and containers in basement and then pump it upstairs into the tank?

I get what your saying, you can’t fit “that stuff” in your stand. I could fit that in mine but not the smaller stuff. If you have the room maybe do a faux chest where you can store that stuff.

OP
OP
Timrpn

Timrpn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get what your saying, you can’t fit “that stuff” in your stand. I could fit that in mine but not the smaller stuff. If you have the room maybe do a faux chest where you can store that stuff.
Yeh, i am currently looking at small tall closets or something. Something that is not too wide. Maybe 18 inches wide and tall and looks nice.

CamInDFW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Reefer 170 - I picked up an couple of ikea cabinets to place all of the electrical in. It houses the power strip, MP10 battery backup, dry good and all of the controllers.. I placed them next to the tank. It keeps water from mixing with electricity. 20181001_201821.jpg

vegamedic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the exact same setup if you swap the ruby sump for a crystal. I have all my hardware in a cabinet/bench thing next to the aquarium (old house, I think it used to be a kid's toy chest or something). Before I moved I was in the process of building a small cabinet the same height and depth as the stand to put everything in. I took a piece of MDF, painted it, hit it with a hole saw a few times, and mounted all the electronics. Behind the MDF was enough room for my 2 part jugs and ATO resevoir.

It'll depend on your room layout and stand but you can get something that looks sleek and non-intrusive if you spend a bit of time doing it yourself

Tom Stevens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75.2 Waterbox which is the same footprint.
IMG_3241.JPG

IMG_3234.JPG

I think I have used every inch. The containers in the front of the sump will be for dosing 2 part. I have a dosing pump I am going to put on the side. The cabinet on the side is from IKEA. I DIY’d from an upper bathroom cabinet.

IMG_3237.JPG

OP
OP
Timrpn

Timrpn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3241.JPG

IMG_3234.JPG

I think I have used every inch. The containers in the front of the sump will be for dosing 2 part. I have a dosing pump I am going to put on the side. The cabinet on the side is from IKEA. I DIY’d from an upper bathroom cabinet.

IMG_3237.JPG
Looks very nice and neat, I am hopefully going to work on something this weekend. I have to do something with this rats nest and find somewhere to put my Doser and jugs.

docwells

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a 60 gallon cube previously and the limited space makes it tough on equipment. I ended up using an equipment cabinet beside the tank for the time I had it. By the time I got the sump under the tank, there really was not anymore room left over.

Reezee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3241.JPG

IMG_3234.JPG

IMG_3237.JPG
where did u get the tank stand from im looking for a good sturdy one for my 60 gallon cube

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 46 53.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.3%
Back