Small supplemental light for spectrum?

kelp47

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I have a Kessil 360we over a 32g tank. I'm downsizing and simplifying from a 75g and chose this light because it's supposed to provide the light corals need without having to mess with a bunch of sliders. I know some love that, but at this point in life, I need simple if I'm going to keep this up. BUT, I feel like the visual result is a little lacking, aesthetically-speaking. Are there any small spotlights I can add to get better results? And can I add these without compromising what the Kessil is doing to provide for the corals?

Thanks!

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you need a blue strip light LED,
Amazon sells a cheap submersible light for about $20, its OK and for the risk worth a try.
I don’t own a Reefbright stick but I’d bet you get a endorsement

MingDak Submersible LED Aquarium Light,Fish Tank Light with Timer Auto On/Off, White & Blue LED Light bar Stick for Fish Tank, 3 Light Modes Dimmable,8W,15 Inch
by Mingdak-US
Learn more:

OP
OP
K

kelp47

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know... I feel like I can dial in a lot of blue... maybe I'm needing a little red or purple. I don't want anything super crazy, just a little more full if that makes any sense.

OP
OP
K

kelp47

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you need a blue strip light LED,
Amazon sells a cheap submersible light for about $20, its OK and for the risk worth a try.
I don’t own a Reefbright stick but I’d bet you get a endorsement

MingDak Submersible LED Aquarium Light,Fish Tank Light with Timer Auto On/Off, White & Blue LED Light bar Stick for Fish Tank, 3 Light Modes Dimmable,8W,15 Inch
by Mingdak-US
Learn more:

Thanks for the idea Doc. Regardless of spectrum, I need something to help fill in some shadows and I think this is a good option. I snagged a good deal on a 50/50 reef brite strip on Monday.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 23.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 56 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back