Small tank co2 scrubber

LegendaryCG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a IM20 in my bedroom with the IM skimmer and wanted to boost my ph more and decided to make my own co2 scrubber. Turned out really well. Got a water lock off Amazon and connected airline tubing to a 3/8 to 3/16 barb and filled the lock with scrubber media and attached it to my skimmer air intake. ~10$ total
08E04F91-D634-49CE-A7CC-335099A7A100.jpeg

ocboat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you provide a link for the "water lock" for me or explain what it is? I couldn't find anything on Amazon with that name and I would like to try this on my AIO. Thanks.

OP
OP
LegendaryCG

LegendaryCG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you hookup to your skimmer?
Most skimmers have an air intake/venturi that is above the water level. You connect this there and as air flows through the chamber the media absorbers the CO2 present in the air causing pH to rise.

I’’m considering selling these if there’s enough demand. Let me know.

BubbleFullOfStars

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CO2 scrubber added to IM Nano fusion 10. Reef Glass skimmer with limewood air stone. I put my air pump (Hydrofarm AAPA3.2L Active Aqua Air Pump) inside an air tight plastic container. I made air tight pass though for the air line out of the pump and it's power cord. The easiest way to achieve this in my prototype was to seal the cords through the screw on lid via Frog masking tape, this has worked repeatedly for making air tight seals in the past. Also made a provision for the larger air intake from the scrubber line, this line was glued in place. Using the BRS brand scrubber and media.

Since covid I've been working from home. I'm sucking up the air by working next to it. I've seen the PH rise on warmer day's when I have the Window open. Now I'm looking for the all the time increase. With the Window open I'll get 8.2-8.3 without 8.0-8.1

My tank:

10g Anemone tank

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back