Small Tank questions

partyhatpuffer93

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 12, 2024
Messages
7
Reaction score
2
Location
United States of America
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! Long time stalker, first time poster here. I have a Eshopps deskmate AIO 4.8 gallon that I swapped the pump out for a sicce micra or nano, cant remember, and the light for a A80 kessil tuna Blue. I also have a ATO on it. I run a ball of chaeto for nitrate removal and my stock so far is just clean up crew and a few corals(toadstool leather,polyps, trumpet). the tanks be running probably since march?

My big question is stability, i want to try and run sps in this tank, thats my long term goal, is there anything you guys recommend doing or adding besides weekly maintenance, maintaining a schedule to get there? I plan to add pods to the tank this week for biodiversity, and I keep flipping back and forth on whether or not I need more flow in the tank, the problem is finding a wavemaker that small lol. Just wondering what your secrets are for you nano tanks and any advice you can give, its not my first saltwater tank but its definitely a whole new beast!
 
Hello! Long time stalker, first time poster here. I have a Eshopps deskmate AIO 4.8 gallon that I swapped the pump out for a sicce micra or nano, cant remember, and the light for a A80 kessil tuna Blue. I also have a ATO on it. I run a ball of chaeto for nitrate removal and my stock so far is just clean up crew and a few corals(toadstool leather,polyps, trumpet). the tanks be running probably since march?

My big question is stability, i want to try and run sps in this tank, thats my long term goal, is there anything you guys recommend doing or adding besides weekly maintenance, maintaining a schedule to get there? I plan to add pods to the tank this week for biodiversity, and I keep flipping back and forth on whether or not I need more flow in the tank, the problem is finding a wavemaker that small lol. Just wondering what your secrets are for you nano tanks and any advice you can give, its not my first saltwater tank but its definitely a whole new beast!
Hello! And welcome to R2R!!! I’ve only ever kept nano/micro tanks….I’ve always used “Instant ocean reef crystals” and I’ve never had to does anything. But, I just do weekly water changes. For sps, make sure you have a good light! That was the number one mistake I made in the beginning. As far as flow goes, there are some great videos by worldwidecorals on YouTube I recommend watching, they really helped me in the beginning. Also feel free to pm me about any nano-related questions! :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new