Small tanks and aquascaping for flow

Kaboobie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like my aquascape is causing me to struggle. I have aquascaped with flow in mind around the tank and keeping space for fish to swim and coral to grow but I find that it is very difficult to balance all of these goals. Do you worry about trying to achieve all of these things or is it necessary to sacrifice one of them?

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never had to worry about sacrificing any of them- sometimes the "right" aquascape takes some work and sometimes I don't achieve it until a few months in (and inspiration hits). If you want, I'm sure the community could help you troubleshoot your aquascape and make suggestions if there are novel ideas you haven't thought of yet (if you can provide a picture).

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I watched your video and looked at the latest pic in your build thread.
I don't see what you are questioning about your scape. you have hiding places for fish. swim room.
and the flow seems fine. coral growth will be limited by what type and how much area you have.
i would move the blasto off the sand bed and attach it to the scape. they're a pretty good grower.

OP
OP
Kaboobie

Kaboobie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I watched your video and looked at the latest pic in your build thread.
I don't see what you are questioning about your scape. you have hiding places for fish. swim room.
and the flow seems fine. coral growth will be limited by what type and how much area you have.
i would move the blasto off the sand bed and attach it to the scape. they're a pretty good grower.
Mostly I can't seem to get high flow in my high light area on that right center rock and my flow in the low light areas tends to be high.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 39.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 52 34.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back