Small tentacles on my torch coral

downonthereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Is there anything I can do to make my torch happier? It's tentacles are probably about 1 inch long when the polyp itself is about 4 inches across. Not going to chase anything, but if I can change something to make them happier i'm all for it! It just looks abit funny with it's huge head and short tentacles

20210901_123657.jpg 20210901_123651.jpg 20210901_123645.jpg

shwareefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look fine to me. They could just be like that. Have you seen them longer on your specific specimens?

That said, lowering light intensity can make them puff up and reach more but thats not necessarily in their best interest.

OP
OP
downonthereef

downonthereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look fine to me. They could just be like that. Have you seen them longer on your specific specimens?

That said, lowering light intensity can make them puff up and reach more but thats not necessarily in their best interest.
Well I believe it's some sort of holy grail, and i've never seen an aussie holy grail, only ever indo and if i'm right indos have really long tentacles, I see the same colouration of torches with super long tentacles, like literally 5/6 inches

Cool tangs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks fine to me, my corals have there days where they look a little different. but then back to what we consider norm.

I personally feel corals dont always look there best but if things are stable no need to panic :)

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back