Small White crab on snail?

MarylandReefer13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I was looking at my tank just a little bit ago and I say this little white crab on one of my snails. So as any concerned tank owner I looked up what it was and found no use full info. So I have come to all of you for help to find out what it is and if it is a good or bad crab. Here’s a picture so you guys can see.
image.jpg

Alexopora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I was looking at my tank just a little bit ago and I say this little white crab on one of my snails. So as any concerned tank owner I looked up what it was and found no use full info. So I have come to all of you for help to find out what it is and if it is a good or bad crab. Here’s a picture so you guys can see.
image.jpg
Could be a kind of commensal crab that lives with snails? It does remind me of the pea crabs that we usually find inside of bivalves (clams). Yours looks fragile, soft with almost non existent eyes and small appendages which is why I suspect it must be some form of commensal crab.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 34 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back